Friday, March 30, 2012

the hand jive

I tried my hand at a new challenge today. Pun intended. Can't say I love the result (mostly because the way I strung it removes all semblance of bone structure and makes it look like a pudgy alien hand), but at least it's kind of interesting to look at. I like the footlite at the top. It's also my first SUCCESSFUL use of betweed! Sooo... that's better than a whack on the nose with a rusty poker.

Two points to you and a chocolate frog if you can tell me where that quote came from. ho ho ho.




5 comments:

  1. Outstanding job. First time I've seen a hand with an aura. Very intricate and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh, well, that's better than a whack on the nose with a rusty poker," said Mrs Cole with a slight hiccough. From Harry Potter:)
    Just discovered your blog via TanglePatterns.com
    I'm off to try Veezley now. Looks like great fun!
    Ethel
    ew18@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a few hands tangled, but they were nothing like yours. I just love what you did with it, such inspiration all your work is. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs, Sheila B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen a few hands, but yours is the BEST! Great job & such
    inspiration. I just Love it. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Sheila B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Sandy. I don't think it looks alien at all! I did a hand ZIA piece a while back - you can see it here:

    http://shoshiplatypus.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/zentangle-drawing-zentangle-drawing.html

    Very Escher-esque, as someone told me!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).